Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nothing Special


So I don't really have anything special to say. Except my mom, dad, and Seth came up recently so we took these pictures while they were here in Provo. The first one was taken in Dan's apartment though.

Tomorrow mom is coming up again! My brother-in-law John is performing 6 songs in a concert at a place called Muse here in Provo. Laura is performing two of the songs with him. It is going to be sweet. So my mom and I are going to that.

So I was recently thinking about nick names. I think one time my mom and some of my siblings were discussing this topic, and some were saying that people have to earn the right to be able to call someone a certain name. That is true in some cases. However, for me, it isn't true in other cases. For example: my sister Ann and ONLY Ann (for as long as I can remember) has called me Pootsie Poo Poo, or Poodley Poo, or Pootsie Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew...or just plain Poop. If anyone besides Ann tried to call me that...that would just be weird and I would tell them that they weren't allowed to call me that. BUT...I love it when people call me Audge. To me it shows that they feel comfortable enough around me to call me that. I just like the name too. Want to hear what one of my biggest pet peeves in the entire world is? When people call me auBrey. THAT IS NOT MY NAME. To me it is offensive when people call me Aubrey because it kind of shows that they really did not make that much of an effort to really become familiar with who I am. I don't know. Now if I meet someone for the first time and a little while later they ask if my name is Aubrey or Audrey....that is alright. But if it is someone I know well and they call me Aubrey...What the crap!? Too bad a lot of the times I am too non-confrontational to even say anything, even though inside I am bothered. Anyway...I also realized that my family has a lot of nick names. Here are some of them:

Seth: Befford (me and Laura, and now my mom), Puppy Love (me and Laura), Pompie, Rompus,etc. (Ann), Buddy boy (mom), Cub (Dad), Ronkle (Charley), Sethy (most of us)

Me: Pootsie Poo Poo, Poop, etc. (Ann), Auzray or Auzee Double Auzoo Zoo (Laura), Audge(almost everyone), Auzshee Auzshah (dad), Podge (Sarah) Super model (wait what?)

Laura: Yorligus (me), Ann used to call Laura Toots, Laura Jane (a few people, including my mom and dad, but then again, Jane is her middle name), La (Sarah)

Mom: Yamigus (me)

Dad: Pops (me, Laura)

Interesting. Who knows where most of those came from. And you better believe that at my track meets in high school or Seth's volleyball games Ann was there yelling at the top of her lungs, "Go Pootsie Poo Poo!" or "Good job Rompie!" I secretly liked it. Who knows about Seth.

Welp...that's it for now.

Don't ask me why half of the picture is darker than the other half.








I am not quite sure what to say about this one...


Laura taking a whiff of Seth's pit as Seth "unintentionally" flexes.


Nice. Laura sneaks in a pose with Seth's bulging bicep.


Me and Riggie.


I just put this picture on because I think I look skinny in it.

5 comments:

kathy said...

Audge, you make me laugh. what a good blog entry. Wait what????? hahahahah! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. I love you sooooo much! mom

Ann said...

SO DANG FUNNY! I agree with you about the nick names. I love when people call me Annie. Johnny did and Brian does, too. And I love it. And I hate it when people used to sometimes call me Anna. Not cool. AND people better not call you poop or any of its derivatives, because those are for me only. AND you look beautiful and skinny in ALL of the pics. And I love the picture of Laura sniffing Sethy's pit. Hmmmmm....why does that make me think of Scotty?

Emily said...

Audrey,

I think I may have been calling you Aubrey....I am so sorry. How it happened was that Riley has a cousin who is named Aubrey. Never before had I made that mistake, till after I saw her. Then on occasion I'd call her Audrey and you Aubrey. Hopefully you never heard, but if you did, know why ith happened. I want to show your picture to Riley's brother, but I know you have a boyfriend. He is so cute. I might, I hope that is ok. :) Your boyfriend will be mad I am sure. Maybe I won't.

Emily said...

What I meant to say is I may have been one who called you Aubrey. But when I said it I knew it came out wrong! Note I do call you Audge, so hopefully I am scott-free! lol
Em

Audge said...

Haha, oh Emily I don't think I have ever heard you call me Aubrey. I was a little heated when I wrote that blog...probably because my roommate's boyfriend always calls me Aubrey. Haha. But yeah, don't stress about it, I totally understand. And I know that when I was writing the blog there were a couple of people I was thinking of, and you definitely were not one of them. So no worries. In fact, I can only really remember you calling me Audge so you really have nothing to feel bad about!