Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Goose is Getting Fat

So in the last about . . . month and a half there have been a couple of occasions where I got so anxious/excited/taken back/pumped or something to that extent where it upped my heart rate to about a million beats a second and I probably started breathing hard and sweating. Well it happened again tonight. Guess why.

No actually don't. I'll just tell you.

There's already CHRISTMAS decor in Pier 1 Imports!!! (Right now I can picture Allison saying, "Oh boy" to this. Hehehe). I couldn't help but be distracted the whole time I was working there tonight! Psh, I thought the Halloween decorations were good. The smells alone of the new Christmas candles outdo the Halloween stuff. Like Peppermint Creme...mmm heavenly.

Ok. So I wasn't breathing heavy or anything like that, but seriously, I love Christmas and I got really excited when I saw the Christmas stuff. When I was young (actually up until like two years ago) I would always get depressed the SECOND after we were done opening up presents because then I would have to wait a whole year for Christmas to come again. Alright, that still kinda happens. BUT it's not so bad anymore because time FLIES so its always here before I know it.

I have this memory (I'm sure you all remember it well) of Charley waking Seth up like two weeks before Christmas and saying, "Seth! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Seth stumbled downstairs and lo and behold, Charley had stuffed pillows behind the 8 presents that were out so that it looked like the loot was BULGIN. Seth tends to be one of the sleepers in the family and it therefore took him a little while to figure out what was going on, but when he did he was TICKED. So funny, yet so sad. Poor Puppy.

Anyway. Are we exchanging names for presents for Christmas or what? Alright, we don't need to think about that right now. I'll enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving but you bes' believe I'm startin a countdown. 73...

Speaking of Halloween, I need a good costume. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Ann said...

awesome, audge....Oh, believe me. I started Christmas shopping a month ago and there are definitely things already on MY list. I can't wait either! Good luck with the Halloween costume. I've always wanted to be the type who dresses up--that kind of person is so fun! As it is, I'll probably just wear fake eyelashes again.

kathy said...

I think I have some of the funniest kids on the planet!!!!!

A Mitton said...

I DID roll my eyes and say "oh brother."

charley said...

Audge, I think you, laura, sarah, ann, and maybe mom and dad can be assigned to me for christmas. Also, my dream costume is to find a costume of those beasts on the movie "the village", wouldnt that be awesome..."those we don't speak of"...that's the name of those beasts.

charley said...

One more thing. Kat has already watched the movie "The Santa Claus" with Tim Allen and "Home Alone". At our house, the holiday festivities pick up right around the second week of October. Three months of bliss. Halloween means lots of scary movies, haunted houses, discussions about UFO's. Thanksgiving means lots of travel plans, football games to watch and play, and of course...CHRISTMAS. Holiday music in the stores, cloudy nights with snow in the morning, Christmas movies like The Elf, Home Alone, The Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life. Shopping for people and ourselves. More travel plans. Hanging out with family. Christmas games...woah...I'm pumped...see ya.

Topsy and Havoc said...

yes i can't wait for it all!