Monday, October 24, 2011

I dare you to touch one more piano key.

There's this piano in the Wilkinson Center on campus. It's for anyone to play, and it is in a large, open part of the building. So if someone starts playing, almost everyone in the building has to suffer through it. I made the stupid mistake of studying at a table very close to that blasted piano. Here I am cramming for a test in relative silence, and all of a sudden some dude starts plinking away at the piano. Some tune that I have never heard. Some tune that I am pretty sure this cat made up. It was a horrid little tune. The notes didn't seem cohesive or melodious. I know squat about music so I don't even know how to explain it. But it was the kind of tune that was seriously making me think bad thoughts about the dude playing it. I wanted to yell at him and tell him to stop driving everyone in the building to insanity. The fresh anticipation of the four tests I have to take this week did not help the situation. I decided I needed to leave before I blew a gasket. However, a few hours have passed and I think "Geez. I was really irritated. Yikes. Glad that's over with."

But guess what just happened.

I am writing this blog and the girls upstairs are being really annoying. Just like they are every night. Always shrieking and laughing late at night. A lot of the time fake laughing. And every move they make upstairs--every footstep, every door closing, every pulling or pushing of a chair across the tile is magnified in my apartment by about 500 decibels. So what do I do? I stand on my bed and start banging on the ceiling with my fist. Shut em up real quick.

Looks like I am still in a "mess with me and I will cut you" mood. I blame it on the stress and lack of sleep. Four tests in one week? These professors. So sadistic.

While I might be scaring everyone away from me as I write this, let me just sort of redeem myself by saying that I am so grateful for many things in my life. The biggest thing right now being that I am so so blessed to have my family so close by. Not only do I have extended family all around the valley, but Charley and Kat 5 minutes away, Sarah and Aaron 15 minutes away, and in a couple of days Laura and John TWO AND A HALF BLOCKS away. And the rest of my family a phone call away. I couldn't have been blessed with a cooler family. I love them all like it's nobody's business.

Also it is almost Halloween. I love Halloween. So that makes me happy. I'm not entirely neurotic right now, you see.

Disclaimer: Every once in a great while someone will play an awesome song on the piano. Then I feel okay about someone playing that piano.

One last IMPORTANT thing: everyone check out and follow my sister's hair blog!

4 comments:

Topsy and Havoc said...

1. i really hate when people who aren't good at the piano, play that piano. it's so loud.

2. you're hilarious.


3. i'm so excited to move so close to you too!

4. you bang on the ceiling!? hahhahha

5. thanks for telling peeps to check out my hair blog.

A Mitton said...

Not that I want to one up you, but...


The walls are so thin in my house that you can hear everything. Including the upstairs neighbor having sex at night.

Be glad you don't have to deal with that in Provo.

Rob and Marseille said...

i liked to study in the war memorial room in the wilk. so quiet! (but dont' take a phone call there-yikes!)

Katie said...

I will forever admire you for banging on the ceiling when your neighbors got on your nerves. I am now going to live vicariously through your audgacity (git it? git it? eh?) So now whenever roommates or people outside start talking loudly or giggling or playing music, I can silently curse them while calmly thinking, "It's okay. Audge got them once."