Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

I was with my sister Laura today and we were talking about how every new year doesn't really represent "starting anew" for us, because the separation of 'the old year' and 'the new year' is one day. One day it's 2011 and the next it's 2012. Yeah, I've always made New Year's resolutions, but like Jeffrey R. Holland says, "...you only made five [resolutions] and you have already broken four. (I give that remaining one about another week.)" But, Laura said that this year is hers and John's year. She feels really good about starting fresh. And then I realized "Yeah. It's mine, too." Because I am going to MAKE it that way. (Ann, I thought of you and how you might have winced when you read that little curse word. My bad.)

So my constantly over-thinking mind's wheels have been a turnin today and I've come up with some resolutions that are going to FREAKING hard. Here are some, and only some, because many of them are private.

1. Take down some of my walls. I have walls that put the Great Wall of China to shame. Plus my walls have thick vines and layers of plaster and super glue and duct tape and chewed gum to keep 'em strong. Well they're coming down!

Hopefully!

2. Just kidding that's all I want to share.

But I swear, I have other resolutions that I intend to keep.

So the resolutions for 2012 will be good for me, but I also can't help but be stoked about:

-my Seven Peaks season pass (I've always been turned off by the stereotyped people who go to Seven Peaks, but this summer I'll be hittin it up with some siblings so it will be fun)
-my H&M gift card that's worth 50 bones, even though I hate shopping
-my Quarry membership! Wee! My hands are already torn up.
-graduation in December (it's about bloody time)
-the arrival of my fifth niece

Sweet. Even though right now the thought of completing ANOTHER semester of school and having work at 7 in the blasted morning Monday through Friday makes me want to gouge out my own eyeballs, I am going to focus on the positive.

Amen.

P.s. That quote from Elder Holland comes from this talk. Read it. Better yet, WATCH it if you can find it on the internet. I promise you it will impact you. K bye.

5 comments:

kathy said...

Great post audge. I have made some hard resolutions too. That talk by elder Holland inspired one of them. Love you.

Topsy and Havoc said...

AWESOME. I love it. I have some resolutions too that I'm already scared about.

seven peaks is going to be bomb

Amy and Woody said...

Love your resolution! I feel you on those walls.... Good luck, you can do it!! And my family got seven peaks passes too so we should go together!

Ann said...

Don't worry, Audge. Brian has long since zapped the shock of swear words right out of me. I'll have to go read that talk, too. Can't wait to see you in March!

Ann said...

I can't wait to hear all the juicy details of your resolutions when I see you in March. Also, I've heard you're supposed to use tweezers to put fake eyelashes on. I love you, Audge.